Oh, ich bin glücklich – nicht nur ich bin der Meinung, dass Google auf der einen Seite mal eben alles an Daten an sich zieht, was nicht bei Drei auf den Bäumen ist (siehe: Ein wenig mehr Privatsphäre), sondern ich bin auch nicht alleine mit der Meinung, dass Google totale Heulsusen sind:
(zu meinem Twitter-Account geht es hier)
Vorhin stolpere ich über diesen wundervollen Rant gegen Google mit dem ebenso wundervollen Titel “Google are pussies”. Und da passt mal wieder alles zusammen.
Hier ein paar Zitate:
I am disgusted by Google and the way they seek to equalize all content. All content is not equal, this is a intellectual fallacy. Or, possibly, an anti-intellectual one. Google compounds this by taking all content they can access, and scrapes what they can’t, and then wraps their ads around it — to make money off everyone else’s content.
I also have come to dislike much of Google because they very quickly went from big company that sells my personal information to strangers, which makes me nervous, to a company that innovates at nothing yet spends *billions* of dollars from one business to enter new markets and destroy existing businesses.
- Yelp gets popular? Copy their info, shove Yelp to the bottom of the page and put Google Places and reviews at the top.
- Groupon won’t sell? Spend billions from other businesses to destroy them.
- Twitter and Facebook innovate on search? Take their content, whine when they try and stop you then spend billions to prevent their growth and hopefully destroy them.
- Apple working on a touchscreen smartphone? Spend billions from another business and copy everything you can, down to swipes and apps.
- Need a smartphone operating system with Java. Take Java and use it for your own ends.
- Need a location mapping technology and Skyhook won’t sell? Spend billions from your monopoly profits and strongarm your partners and drive Skyhook out of business.
- Buy up the big travel search sites.
- Claim you are open source but share nothing related to what your business claims to be about — search, and nothing related to how you make your money — advertising
- Claim you are open and standards based but control who gets access to your smartphone operating system
- Like all rich monopolists, they spend millions hiring high priced lobbyists and public relations teams inside the Beltway — for their direct benefit
The list goes on…
If you have a monopoly business and generate monopoly profits and take those monopoly profits to another industry and *gave away* what your competitors (must) charge for, which led you to quickly capture the *dominant* maret share, would you…
…whine like a bitch?
David Drummond, you are a pussy.
Larry, Sergey, you are pussies.
And I know why you’re such pussies. I know why you have monopoly profits in one business, use them to *destroy* other businesses, dominate the newest business (smartphones) and still whine like little whiny bitches.
Because Larry and Sergey, unlike Ballmer, Jobs, Gates and so many other tech rock stars — who had to fight battles, win wars and hack their way through to a new world — you went from high school to college to PhD to billionaire to multi billionaire.
You have deluded yourself into thinking you have earned a level of success where having billions and billions and being able to use those billions to always get what you want, whether through buying up or destroying is your *right*. Probably why Google hasn’t innovated a single fucking thing in over a decade.
Everything — every single fucking thing — since Bill Clinton has been a copy, a steal, a buy-out — or a take down.
And now, you pussies, you are in a fight with companies that are equally big, probably better run, and have something you don’t: scars, scars from real battles, and you run to the PR teams and the lobbyists and the government and cry: no fair.
Patents bad. We want! Give us!
Tell me, pussies. Which of the Oracle and Microsoft and Apple patents are "bogus"? You say it above. BOGUS PATENTS…Oracle, Apple, Microsoft.
Which ones? Don’t be a pussy. Tell us. Which ones are bogus?
And while you’re at it, tell us which patents are not bogus? Any? Do you believe in intellectual property? Property ownership? Or is it all there for Google’s taking?
No, wait. Tell you what: release the Google algorithms, release your source code, open up Android — for real, along with Gmail and Maps and Voice Search and everything you’ve built into it. Put the Google advertising code into public escrow.
As a sign of good faith. To show that intellectual property shouldn’t be used "as a weapon".
And then completely abandon Android. And Google Docs. And Gmail. After all, you claim today that all you want is "to stay focused on our own business and make better products."
Fair enough. *All* your money comes from ads on PCs. Via search. That’s your business. Not Yelp. Not Groupon. Not Twitter. Not Facebook. Not iPhone and App Market.
Wie ich bereits mehrfach erwähnte – über Patente und deren Zweck kann man streiten, aber es stimmt einfach: Die heulen sich was zusammen.
Pussies halt. Oder, wie man bei uns früher sagte: Wie ungediente Säcke.